Wednesday, May 07, 2008

baking, baking, swelling, and more baking









Today was a great day off!! Erin and I went out to grandma's house and baked quite a few desserts for my and Elizabeth's showers on Friday! Annette had her last day of high school yesterday, so she was able to help us out the whole morning too. Liz is in town from Indianapolis, so it was a great day with the girls. Meanwhile, my feet and ankles (actually I think in order for it to be called an ankle there has to be some sort of bone visible...that is not the case with mine), have decided to swell to an enormous size. This all started yesterday, and I didn't even work these past two days! I thought that they were swollen before, but that was nothing compared to what they are now. Erin compared them to play-doh...thanks a lot :). I feel like I am walking on stiff stilts...lovely. So we took some comparison pictures today out at Grandma's, the show the difference between me and Erin's feet. And to think mind used to look like that. I am hoping this is a sign that I am very close to the end. A quick update for those who would like to know...I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced! I was very excited about this. I will probably get checked again this Friday...hopefully I keep progressing like that! Almost 36 weeks!

4 comments:

aunteem said...

It's tennis shoes, foot rubs and off your feet for you! Do that while you can.... :)

Melanie-Pearl said...

oh man...them are some cankles.

looking forward to seeing them in person tomorrow!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great baby shower last night! You're getting so close!! and I like your shelf in the last post! Very nice.

Julie said...

Kellie--What a nice shower your cousins and sister had for you! I was so glad that I could make it. You got such pretty things.

I'm thinking of you--praying for you as you get ready to have this little one.

I love you, Aunt JT

I wish you would post a new photo of yourself and your baby bump!