Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Fountain

"The Fountain". Good film. You should go see it. It definitely is a "Jeremy" type film, but I think I am starting to like those (not sure how I feel about that). It was kind of odd... after this movie Jeremy and I talked about the different camera angles, how they shot certain scenes, cinematography, and stuff like that. I feel like I am actually starting to understand why he likes some of the movies he does. This film actually made me think..and I usually do not like movies that make me think, but this one I did. I usually call these kinds of films confusing and mind-boggling, and Jeremy finds them, intriguing and thought provoking. I am only beginning to see his side :).
There is a lot of symbolism, that I still do not understand, but it was so well done. This was a beautiful film of love, life, death, eternity, dedication, desperation....although there are a few different stories going on at the same time, it all flows very smoothly. Anyways....there is my attempt to have a somewhat professional critique ;) Ha, ha. All that to say, I think you should see it, and I thought it was time for me to update on something. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!! We will be missing all of you, and wishing we were there celebrating with you, but we will see you at Christmas. Jeremy's parents are getting here on Friday of this week, and will be here until Wednesday, so that will be GREAT to have them here!! We are really excited for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellie--
I heard you have to work today--take good care of those babies!
I just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Are you cooking a turkey this year? You would not believe how easy Grandma T's recipe for stuffing is. (That is if you do not make the bread from scratch.)
We will set a new high temperature record today--78 degrees. Wish you could be here to enjoy it with us...
Love, Aunt Julie

Hillary said...

happy turkey day!