Tuesday, October 31, 2006

sad halloween

I was so excited for all the little kids to come, in their cute little costumes and I was going to give them a lot of candy. And none of them came. I have a bowl full of kit-kats and crunch bars, which unfortunately now, Jeremy and I will probably eat, and we don't need that! These children will really regret not coming to our apartment, because they would have gotten a lot of candy!! But seriously, do people not come to apartments to trick-or-treat? Well, I, an apartment liver, am very dissapointed that people evidently do not come to apartments to trick-or-treat. The only person I have to say trick-or-treat at our door is Jeremy, oh and he does say it, over and over again, and takes a piece of candy each time :). So these are pictures of me, being lonley by my trick-or-treat bowl, and then me being happy, because I now have all this chocolate to eat. (Please try and not look at how I look as though I have gained 50 lbs in these pictures. Its not true :) ). And this also shows how I have to much time on my hands!

So obviously, there is not much going on here, but I thought I needed to update about something. Work has been going ok. Last night I had my first night there all by myself! I was the only nurse for our unit. Yea, I don't really like that. It was quite boring. I did finish the book I was reading. I guess no one wanted to have babies at the end of October. Work has been really slow lately. I was scheduled to work Wednesday, and Thursday last week and got downstaffed both nights, which means I didn't go into work either night, because they didn't need me, and I don't get paid for either night. So, this next pay check is going to be missing 24 hours, therefore there will soon be a Fredin fund started if anyone would like to contribute :) haha. But those two nights off were nice, because Jeremy and I got to spend some time together and watch our favorite shows :).

The one exciting thing going on is Jeremy is entering his music video that he did, into a contest. It is the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) competition. His professor suggested he enter it because he thought that he had a very good chance of winning. There is a music video prize, and then an overall prize. I guess his professor told him he was pretty sure he would win the music video one, and had a good chance at the overall prize. If he does win, he wins some money, AND the most exciting thing! A trip to Florida in Febraury. There is an NRB conference in Florida that we get to go to if he wins. They pay for traveling expenses and the school would put us up in a hotel for three nights!! So now, I told him the pressure is on, because I have never been to Florida and would love to go!! I hope to make into the world travelers like John and Erika were, their first year of marriage ;). These other pictures are when Jeremy decided to make our apartment into a movie set :). He was shooting a public service announcement for school and so we had all sorts of lights and cameras around here for a while. He is very very good at what he does, and if any of you haven't seen the music video, you should. I am going to try and figure out a way to get it put up on here.

10 comments:

Erika said...

We did not have any tricker treaters either. Of course, I have never had any since I moved out of my parents place.
Tell Jeremy to double the pressure because if you guys go to Florida maybe we can meet you. It is only 8 hours from here. Flights are cheap. At least us girls could have fun....

Melisa said...

trick or treat! I want chocolate! I didn't stick around my place to be disappointed like you did! Fun night of just hanging out though.

aunteem said...

funny....
Tell Jeremy my bets are on him! Kellie is right; you should see Jeremy's video it is very good! One way or the other, what an encouragement from a prof. I'm so proud! :)
I can imagine Jeremy "trick or treating" over and over again.
Next year you can come over and answer the door at my house. There seem to be lots of kids in the new neighborhood!
love youlots

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,
We had three trick or treaters. Brets two girls and another girl I couldn't figure out who she was. I too have some snickers left---bad deal. I have been giving them away.

Jeremy we are proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Love you,
Grandma B

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys lots! Seriously once this music video hits the media you guys are going to be millionaires, just remember the relatives on your way up to fame.....

Melanie-Pearl said...

oh man! that first picture nearly did me in. thanks a million for posting that second one. phew!

erin(DANIELLE) said...

that's awesome! thanks for the message tonight...i played for the last 3 minutes of the game...i scored a three that was it though. i wish i could have played more but that's ok...we won 97-72 or something like that...so yeah but thanks for the phone call it made my day i love you!!!!!!

Hillary said...

i'm sad that you didn't have any trick-or-treaters...i dressed up as a clown, i will put a picture on here, but i am pretty much the worst blogger ever...but i will post soon, but not tonight, sometime soon though! love you!

erin(DANIELLE) said...

it's time for jeremy to get famous ok?? so i can be the rich sista :) and you can spoil me...muah!

erin(DANIELLE) said...

update....please... :)