Sunday, November 12, 2006


I haven't known what to post about, because not much has been going on. Oh! We have had a stray cat running around. Which has been quite annoying for me. Jeremy has kind of liked it, because he likes cats. Me...not so much. So it gets thrown back outside everytime I see it. Then I noticed tonight, that our neighbors are trying to be nice to it, and have a bowl of milk sitting out by their door!! That is not going to get it go away!! Anyways.... Jeremy and I might have compromised on the kind of dog we want to get. Although can't get until we leave Huntington. He doesn't want a big dog, and I don't want a small dog, so I think we have compromised on a Beagle. Kind of medium size, but isn't yippy are barking all the time like small dogs. Unfortuntely our apartments don't allow pets, so this will probably be a purchase once we are back in Wichita.
Right now, I am in the lab at school with Jeremy, because he has to finish up his Public Service Announcement. I would be at work right now, but I got a call from our house supervisor at work saying that OB is closed, due to there being no patients. Isn't that lovely? So I am on call! Again! :) It wouldn't be so bad, if I wasn't the sole money-maker. So if you all could be praying for that. We cannot afford for me to continue to be downstaffed. And there really isn't anything I can do about there being no patients. And they must not need help on any of the other units, other wise they would float us. Anyways.....
These are some pictures of Jeremy and I in the lab. Doesn't he look cute with his headphones on? :) I tried to look cool with the headphones, but I just can't pull it off like he can :). The pics aren't that great because all I had to take them with was my phone.

Here is something new. Pretty sure I might be lactose intolerant. Which is NOT good for me!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese. Milk isn't too bad, because I don't like it, but I love things made with it!! And I love cheese and other dairy products. So this week I have been trying to go without eating any dairy. I started this on Friday, and I have felt much better since then. So if anybody has good non-dairy recipes you would like to give me, they would be much appreciated, because there is nothing in our freezer than doesn't have cheese on it!! You know, the easy fast to cook meals seem like they all have cheese!!

Well we are still on the church hunt. We went somewhere new today. We both really enjoyed it, which is definitely progress. This church is called The Good Shepherd Church (United Brethren Chruch). My friend Becky from work, and her husband go there, and they are both our age. So it was nice to be around a couple our age for a little bit. Everybody there was very very accepting and wonderful to new people. So we liked that :). I have never really been in the shoes of being a "new" person at a church. Now I realize how important it is to help them feel welcome. It really changes your whole experience there. But we both enjoyed the worship, the message and the people! So I think we are making progress. We still have a couple other churches we would like to visit. But this one today, is a possible keeper :) We were asking Becky and Travis if this church had a group for young married's and they said that they didn't but that they would be interested in starting a couples small group with us, if we were interested. So we both liked that idea also.

7 comments:

aunteem said...

Praying for you guys! It was great to talk last night and to read about your most recent experiences!
love you

Anonymous said...

Good to see things are going okay, The job thing?? we will always keep you in our prayers, you could always move to Casper, This town is always looking for help. anyhow, I am glad your mom sent your blog to me take care Mitch

Anonymous said...

It was so good to talk to both of you today. You are doing so well I am very proud of you. I will be praying for more babies to be born in Huntington hospital so you can keep working. Don't have too much to say, just love you very much.

Grandma Butch

Erika said...

Hang in there. It will get better sooner or later. It is always hard at first, but it works out. God will sustain you during this adjustment time. Love you guys.

Hillary said...

a dog...great idea..a cat, bad news bears! i agree i pretty much don't like cats at all..at all at all at all...ok i think that you get my point...i figured out how to put pictures on my blog, you should check them out, they are pretty sweet! welp, better go..you should call your sis sometime soon so we can chat it up k?...welp, see ya later!

erin(DANIELLE) said...

hey there sissy!! so let's see...i love you mucho. i have a ton of hmwk...i don't want to do it so i am not...i have practice at 6...we have a game tomorrow here, it's our first home one for JV...i am a little nervous! yikes! anyways, i miss you tons and can't wait to see you soon!! anyways...love you!

Anonymous said...

I just realized I don't have to belong to this thing to leave you a comment. I miss you guys, I wish I could have spent more time with you when you were home over fall break. I like being able to read about what's going on there in Indiana, though.

Tera