Sunday, October 22, 2006

eh


Well I do need to update on our latest trip....home! But honestly right now, the only reason I am on here is because I cannot sleep. Surprise, surprise. It is now 2:45 in the morning and I am finally off one night of work, and I can't sleep. And I am totally frustrated because I was so glad that Jeremy and I can actually go to sleep at the same time together, and now he is out on the couch. Due to my sniffling (the dang indiana cold weather), and moving around constantly because I CAN'T SLEEP!! So now the one night that I can sleep with him, and he is on the couch. And I just realized how pathetic I sound, and I know I am really going to regret posting this in the morning, when I have had some sleep. (I think I know how Mel felt posting those posts when she was high from her hives meds :) ). Well now, I am sitting in bed, with the lamp on. I finally gave in and decided to stop laying there, not sleeping, and to try and do something that might make me tired. I read my Bible for a little bit, and that always helps, and now I thought I maybe should update on here. SO! Now that that has been a huge downer for everyone!!

Really things in Indiana are going relatively well, besides me not adjusting to working nights very well. As I'm sure you can tell. I don't have any problem staying up at night, or sleeping during the day, I just have a HUGE problem sleeping at night (like a regular person) on my days off. And I feel like Jeremy and I don't see eachother much, because we are always sleeping at different times. Hence, why I am so frustrated that once again we aren't sleeping together (ok, I am really done with the feeling sorry for myself). I just keep trying to be really thankful for the job I have. I really do have a job that I do enjoy, and it pays the bills. And it was such a blessing to find one in the town we live in that is such a short drive from home. I just need to adjust to the hours :). Hopefully that doesn't take too much longer. Because I feel like it has already been an eternity. On another note, Jeremy is doing well. School is going well for him, and he was very grateful for his fall break, because he was starting to feel very un-motivated to do anymore school work. He is taking 16 hours this semester, so he is pretty overwhelmed most of the time, with his homework and stuff. Tonight, when I go back to work he is filming a short public service announcement. I'm not sure what it is about, but I know that this is a part of his school he is really enjoying.

Fall break was wonderful. We were home last weekend, praise the Lord. Seriously. It was time for us to be home for a while. We had a nice little break. We were there from Friday evening through Tuesday. The homesickness, was starting to get pretty bad :). But we had an amazing time getting to see all of our family and friends!! As many of you know right before we came home it got pretty cold here, and even snowed! So the morning we left, I was bundled up in my sweater, boots and jeans and we headed to the airport. Well our plane going through Chicago got cancelled (I won't go into why I now boycot the Chicago O'Hare airport, and will no longer fly through there), but luckily it was able to be re-routed in almost the same amount of time. But that meant we flew through Houston!! So yes, me in my sweater and boots were a little warm in the 92 degrees that houston had for us, versus the 30 degrees when we left here!! :) But we got home, and only about an hour later than scheduled!
Saturday was filled with family time, for the most part. We went to G&G Butch's for dinner and got to see everyone. Erika came back that same weekend also, so it was GREAT to see here! We hadn't seen her since our wedding. Which seems like forever ago. So we had a wonderful time out there. We also celebrated Dathan's birthday. Then Sunday we got a chance to go out and see mom and dad's house they are building, which is coming along very nicely! We loved it! It is going to look amazing when it is done. Then Monday, I got a chance to go up to Wesley and see some of my co-workers, and then I got my hair done, and then we had dinner with Jeremy's side of the family. We had ribs, which I can actually say I don't think I had ever eaten before. They were very good, and we had a great time with them. Amber was very excited to see her Uncle Jeremy. We had fun playing the Disney Scene It with them. Pretty sure, Amber could have been on her own team and beat us all. Jeremy and her were on the same team, as well as me, but I can assure you that I was absolutely no help to them :).

Jeremy and I went to go and see "The Prestige" tonight. It was very good, and I would recommend it. It is directed by one of Jeremy's favorite directors, so we had to go! :) But sometimes, I don't enjoy his taste in movies very much, but I can tell that this one was excellent.
Well I think I might try and sleep again. Love you all! Here are some pretty pictures of the campus trees. These trees are definitely way better than the ones in Kansas.

7 comments:

aunteem said...

the trees on campus are beautiful. i agree, Indiana has it going when it comes to big and beautiful trees?
have you 2 found Johnny Appleseeds grave yet?
It is cold here again today; but beautiful and sunny! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures!
much love

Unknown said...

Sorry we missed you guys when you were here...we're such bad cousins. Catch you next time, and good luck adjusting to your schedule!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kellie and Jeremy!
I think that you, Kellie, should use some benadryl before you go to bed at night. And tell Jeremy that Annette saw the Prestige also and said it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,
I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures. I will be praying that you can get adjusted to sleeping especially at those times when you are home with your husband. I think Aunt Marcia has a good idea to use benedryl. How about Tylenol Nighttime. I have never used it--just thought about it. I do have sleepless nights and then bein to pray for everyone that I know from Indiana to
Galvestion to California and Casper.
Love you both,
Grandma butch

Erika said...

I am glad you got a small glimpse of Galveston weather while you were in the Houston airport. The high today is 75. Brrrrrr! Anyway, it was GREAT to see ya'll to.

Melisa said...

So did you regret posting it? Why did the person who was actually sleeping get kicked to the couch?? That is my only question!! lol
I hate those nights and sometimes I still get them. LOL
PS I need a halloween costume idea know that you iron so well maybe you and Jeremy can think of something really creative and good for me to do for the fall festival this friday!!

Hillary said...

you should read my new post...i wrote it just for you!