Monday, September 18, 2006

Thankful

Well today has been a marvelous day! God has answered so many prayers all in a matter of like 6 hours. I have been trying to get my work schedule switched around so that Jeremy and I can come home over his fall break. Well I had gotten one lady to switch with me one day that weekend, but no one else was willing to do the other day. Things just seemed like they kept going wrong, and that I wasn't going to get that day off, and I really really wanted to come home. And this morning my boss called me and asked about the day I had asked for PTO. And I told her that no one was able to switch with me, so she said well we could move this day here and this day here. Would that work? I was like, yes!! That would work wonderfully! So after that, that left me with 7 days off in a row!! And now we can for sure come home :). (This is going to be the weekend of October 13th, so everybody better be available for us to see them!!! :) ).

NEXT, I was going to get our plane tickets right away, because we had our eye on a couple tickets and the prices were really good, so I went to the airlines website and the ones we were looking at were still there. So that was good. And I still had my ticket from last February when I was planning to come up and see Jeremy and then got sick and couldn't. So I called American Airlines to get that ticket credited to our purchase today. And it actually went over really smoothly, so at the end we only had a little over $100 to pay on both of our tickets. Which is wonderful. It went on the credit card, because, we haven't gotten a full pay check yet, and the one coming up is not going to be a full pay check either. So I thought we will pay that as the money starts coming in :). But it doesn't really matter because I am going home! :) YEA! Anyways, so I go to get the mail, and there are 3 bills. Not yea. Two from State Farm and one from our energy company. Ok, so the one from state farm said that we had no balance, and the other envelope from state farm was a check for a little over $100!! And the energy bill was a whopping $16. So then I realized how I have had no faith lately, and that God really is taking care of us. We had been praying about these things, but today just made me realize, stop worrying, and just have faith. So I am going to be working on that.

Anyways.......I just had to post how exciting my day was today. AND I got gas for $2.15/gallon (only because of my awesome Kroger discount). So thats exciting too. One last thing----we had a dinner last night with Jeremy's friends. That was really funy. I had met them once before but I really kind of got to know them last night. I didn't take my camera otherwise I would have pictures for everyone. I didn't want them to think I was a crazy camera woman yet :). So the three girls I met are awesome and really fun. I think we are all going to get along really well. And it was fun to see Jeremy with his friends. So anyways, that is also an answer to prayer because now I actually have friends here, which is kind of exciting. Me and the girls are having a Grey's Anatomy party this Thursday for the first episode of Grey's!! So that will be a good time. Well I think that is all. OH and I got to talk to on of my best friends Tessia today!! I hadn't talked to her in way to long! So that made the day even better :).

6 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

Ditto- I'll take from your lesson today. I remember getting on my knees on my kitchen floor a few times at our first apartment. I remember doing it on Murray now, too. :)Here's to new mercies!

aunteem said...

We are thankful to that you can come home over Fall break! Yeah! I just mailed you a package today...
So glad you have met some new people and are making new friends, too!
Hugs to Jeremy
love you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just like Jesus to work things out even better than we expected! Liz

erin(DANIELLE) said...

yeah! i am so glad to read that. i miss you...but it makes me smile. and realize i get to see you soon...it won't be long! soon i will see you!! pray that i survive conditioning today. it was so hard for me yesterday...i hurt my quad and it just feels like it is ripping every step i take...anyways, and good ol aunt flo...i love her :) she just adds to it all...anyways, hopefully i make it through ok. total now = over 4 miles in defensive slides. i love you!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!
So good to hear that your prayers were answered. God is so good. Sometimes It is hard to leave the results to him, but He always takes care of us.

It will be wonderful to see you.

I love you both,
Grandma B

Hillary said...

yeah for god answering prayers, i'm glad he's in that business, he's pretty good at it :]...you should check out my blog, i updated finally!! hope that you have a great weekend...and i guess i'll forgive you for taking my roommate away from for the weekend in a couple of weeks...sad day