Thursday, September 14, 2006

nothing new here

Well not a whole lot new is going on here. Jeremy has been staying busy with school and my horribly boring orientation has been keeping me busy! But that is finally over! This hospital I am working for WAY over does their orientation process. Since that is over, I can finally start working on my floor again. I am off for a couple of days and then I work this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Starting this weekend I work days for one week and then I go to nights! Again, I have to work nights. I am starting to wonder how I can do this since I have been going to bed about 9:30 every night. So my goal is to start staying up later, so that it is not a huge shock to my system when I have to work from 7pm-7am.

We did go and visit on church on Sunday. It is called Blackhawk Ministries. I believe it is a Baptist church. A girl I met in orientation suggested we try it out, when I told her what we were looking for she thought we might like it. It is in Ft Wayne, and all the way on the north end, so it was about a 45 minute drive :(. But it wasn't to bad. I don't know if we will go back there just because we don't want to drive that far, but the worship was pretty decent. We weren't to impressed with the message. Half way into the message I was wondering if he was going to keep giving us his opinion or if he was going to tie any scripture in with it. So I think we will keep looking, and hopefully a little closer to where we live. So anyways, keep us in your prayers for that. It would be nice to find a church where we can meet some more people.

Tonight Jeremy and I went to Ft. Wayne, when he was done with class to do some shopping. During orientation this past week I was supposed to dress business casual. But I didn't, because I realized I really don't have anything to dress business casual, in. So the goal was to find some khakis or nice dress pants. So we went to this shopping place called Jefferson Point. It is really really nice. This place is what they should have done with New Market Square in Wichita. It is a gorgeous place. It is kind of all built in a circle and it is like one big courtyard with all the stores on the outside. I actually probably should not have figured out this place was there because it is the closest shopping to us, and it has GAP, American Eagle, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, The Buckle, Victorias Secret.......and I could go on and on :). They have a really nice food court that we ate at. So anyways, I found my khakis at The Gap and then Jeremy finally used his Barnes and Noble gift cards from last Christmas. I also got a new planner, a journal and a new Karen Kingsbury book (to hold me over until the new Harry Potter book comes out) :). Anyways.........

So that is pretty much the extent of our lives here right now. Sorry there was nothing more interesting to update with! By the way, hopefully Jeremy and I are going to come home over his fall break. That is the weekend of October 13th. Right now, I am scheduled to work that weekend, but I have found someone to work for me on Saturday and I just need someone on Friday. So if everyone could say a little prayer that would be great! I am really looking forward to coming home for a little while. We really miss everyone.

2 comments:

erin(DANIELLE) said...

so i am coming to visit you the weekend before and then you are coming back home?!?!? what is that??? :)

aunteem said...

so fun to hear what you have been doing. we will ptay for all the things you menioned. when does the new hp book come out? iwas going to mail you some books to borrow until it comes out...still might.
love youboth.
hug my son in law...you should of put a picture of him on this post!