Tuesday, September 26, 2006

more birkey time!


The last few days have been pretty busy. Saturday we went up to Goshen to see the Birkeys! Lowell and Dianne were up there seeing Jodi and going to the MCC Relief sale. Melisa was there too! So we spent the day at the MCC Relief sale and we had the most wonderful food!! Kansas has to get this Nelson's Chicken. It is the best chicken I have ever had in my life. We all ate a half a chicken. It was amazing! Then we got apple fritters, also a new amazing find. And lastly elephant ears. Those were very good also. And by the time we got to the egg rolls that are supposed to be very good, they were sold out! But needless to say we had some great food. Then Jodi, Melisa, Jeremy and I went to Jodi's house so that we could see where she lives. After that we went to their aunt and uncles house for the rest of the evening. It was great to spend time with them! We really miss them!

Then Sunday was my first night of work. I have been orienting on day shift, and now I am going to night shift, which is the shift I got hired on for. I have been really nervous about going to nights, but my first night really went off well! It was a pretty slow night, but I managed to stay awake the whole night and really never got tired! So I think I am going to adjust ok to working nights again. Its not the best shift, but it will be fine. This is a picture of me leaving for my first night.

After sleeping a little on Monday, Jeremy and I went back to Goshen for a little more Birkey time before they left. Jodi had a game so we all went to that. That was a lot of fun. She had 2 goals!! Lets just say, by the end of the game we were feeling really sorry for the other team. The score would have been 13-0. But the reset the score at half time to make it not look quite as awful. At half it was 9-0, and the end of the game was 4-0. It was pretty amusing. So these are some pictures of us at the game. We went to Dairy Queen for ice cream after the game and then Jeremy and I had to come back to real life. Now I have to go back to work and Jeremy back to school. Reality is wonderful!! :) Look at that sexy number 4!

6 comments:

aunteem said...

how fun! i'm jealous. so glad work went well. thanks for putting the pics on, it was good to see old, familiar faces! :) hug jeremy for me

aunteem said...

the kids will remember you! you are unforgettable! :)
love you!~

erin(DANIELLE) said...

dang studly! jodi is so good!! ok..i have to go write a 6 pg paper...i keep avoiding it! i just have to do it!!! ok...love you bye!
t-minus 8 days...

Hillary said...

aww look at all of those pics...pretty sweet! i'm glad that you called us last night too..i'm not gonna lie, i was so shocked when you called that late...you should come to the pancake feed..ill make you a sweet looking one...i'm pretty good, and pancakes are like my favorite food ever!

Erika said...

I love the first day of work picture. :) It looks like you took another fun road trip. You are ahead of us 2-0. I will see you in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,
It was fun catching up on your news. Glad you enjoy your work. It is better that way!!!

I am doing real good. Just a little discomfort at times on my back, but the severe pain is gone. Praise the LOrd!!!

Nettie is coming over to visit us a little bit this evening. I haven't seem her for over a month. She is busy , too!!!

I love all my grandkids so very much (that means I love you two also!!!!)

Grandma Butch