Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pictures!

Ok, well here are the pictures I promised. All 24 of them! :) I did narrow them down. Hopefully this will give you a good idea of where we live. Enjoy!
This is the morning we left. As you can tell Jeremy and I look totally thrilled to be leaving at 7am :). And that trailor was full! I can't believe how much stuff we had!
Fast forward a total of 15 hours and here we are at the gorgeous reservoir as you are driving into Huntington, IN!
Here is Rosann helping us unpack the kitchen. This was a two day task, between the two of us!
Jeremy and I had mail when we arrived!! Our first two pieces of mail were from Uncle Gail!
Don't let this picture fool you, I worked very hard also. They were taking a little break :)
Jeremy is sad that there is nothing else that weighs 300lb's to haul up the stairs :)
Our bedding all put together! Jeremy worked very hard putting together those nightstands.
This is our new kitchen table! With our very practical espresso cups :)
Our kitchen is all un-packed. I am starting to really like this room :)
Jeremy and I with our first load of groceries! (That Rosann and I went and bought, I really think she should be in the picture instead ;) ) Jeremy thought that going to wal-mart earlier that day was stressful enough. He didn't think he could handle grocery shopping :).
This is our new microwave! This took a total of 3 trips to wal-mart and 1 to Best Buy to decide on.
Wall hangings...
Here is our guestroom! It is ready for people to stay with us!
Another view of our guest room.
One more...
One wall of the living room.
Don't let the picture fool you. The box's were pushed out the way to make it look clean :).
Our couch and coffee table (which Jerry did a great job of putting together :)).
One last view of the living room.
Our bathroom.
The bathroom again...
The dining area a litte more put together :)
Me cooking our first meal in our apartment!
A picture of our first meal. Shells & Cheese. I have progressed to things a little more difficult since then :).

Well hope you enjoyed the pictures!! So far Indiana is ok. It would be even better if all of our family was here, but you can always come and visit!! This friday, I think we are going to Goshen to see Jodi and then Saturday we will be in Indianapolis seeing Aunt Liz. So we are staying busy. Then Labor Day weekend mom and dad are coming up!! Yeah!! We are very excited about that. Jeremy starts school this Monday and I start work this Sunday. Just a few more days and things will start getting busy :). I called Annette last night to get the recipe for her stirfry, so I think thats what we are having for dinner tonight! I am kind of enjoying cooking. Jeremy and I have gone through a couple cook books and marked which recipe's we like. So if you come visit us, I will cook for you!! (I'm not sure if that is a good selling point or not). We have the internet now, so we should start posting more frequently. They won't all be this horribly long. :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Are those speaker cabinets I see? We have often used those as tables too :) Glad to have a visual picture of your place...I know you will really enjoy being together on your own.

Erika said...

Your house looks really nice, and what a big kitchen (compared to mine). I am pleased to see the chef using it. Isn't having a real house, all your own, fun?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Kellie - Joel and I just looked at the last 3 blogs you posted. You have a nice apt. and you two look so happy. You will enjoy having your own place. You are precious.
Love, Uncle Joel and Aunt Marcia

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,

Your house really looks nice. Think we will come up and see you sometime. I will be glad to try your cooking. Looks like you are doing a good job.

Grandpa Butch

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,

I rally like your home. It is so cozy and nice. I am proud of you doing so well. I knew you would. Your cooking is moving right along. It is fun to try things. I know I could eat what you cook.

I love you and Jeremy very much. I am glad you are going to see Aunt Liz She wrote me about it and is so excited.

My back is no better and thy are going to do a body scan on Friday. They are fearful of someother kind of injury. I am very tired of the excuriating pain. Remember to pray for us.

By the way, you look so cute in the kitchen. We got the pickup back this evening. It was squeaky clean.


Love,
Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

Hey! i'll come to your house anytime i can, especially if you cook for me. i like that. plus, you're a good cook. there really are no bad cooks. just people who don't like to cook.

aunteem said...

thanks so much for all the pics...there was not one too many for me! I am partial to the cooking and first grocery shopping one, too! Glad you will be seeing Jodi and Liz soon; sounds like a fun weekend.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
love you both

Melanie-Pearl said...

Your place looks HUGE! It looks really clean, too. Nice job---enjoy!

Anonymous said...

hey you two!! the apartment looks beautimus...your stuff looks so good in it and kellie im very excited to see you using the kitchen ill have to send you some of my favorite recipes...and for me favorite usually means quick and easy ;) j/k anyway we miss you guys cant wait til we get to visit the guestroom ourselves at hotel fredin. love you both
josh and tessia

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you getting "settled in". So Jodi gets to be your first road trip?! Des Moines is only a little bit farther than Goshen :) Maybe we can see you the last part of September--thinking about a trip to Indiana then. Take care
Lowell and Dianne

Anonymous said...

well what can i say?? i think my sister has become quite the decorator...i am proud. and i have to say those are some sweet paintings in your guest bedroom, i mean who ever did those must be amazing right?? :) just kidding. so now i really miss you...because i have a picture of where you are now, why does that make it worse? can you answer that question pretty please? ok...so i think i might get sucked in this whole blog thing since everyone else in the family is becoming quite obsessed, just so people can know what is going on in my crazy life...and because i just don't want to do my homework...oh the life of a college student. well i love you and miss you...now i need to do hmwk..and then make root beer floats for the whole school no big deal or anything :) LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Make Jeremy give you a big hug for me...and then you give him one from me... :)
--Erin

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! It brings back a ton of memories...
I'm so proud that you are trying your hand at cooking. It's really not too difficult and can be lots of fun. Using a little creativity you can make your dinning at home a great experience!!!
Love,
A. karen

erin(DANIELLE) said...

rootbeer floats were rockin...it was packed though, we ran out and then we ended up finding some ice creams bars and passed those out instead. we pretty much have the best dorm ever. not gonna lie...we ended it all with a dance party...yeah it was packed...well i need to work out or do something more productive than this. love you buh bye...

Erika said...

You have so many comments. Wow. What is your secret. I thought I should comment a second time just to keep up.