Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Project!

Well, nothing to exciting has been going on around here. What IS exciting is that I only have 3 more days of work left!!! Today, Wednesday and Thursday! Then I am done. Which would normally make me sad, since I have loved working there, but lately I am ready to have a bit of a break from that place. We have been extremely busy and the nurses are getting a little burnt out. So I am going to love every minute of only having 30-40 deliveries a month in Indiana. Versus our almost 600 a month here in Wichita. Crazy!!
Jeremy is done with work this Friday. He is glad for that. This job he has been able to have this summer has been a HUGE blessing for us financially. We have been able to get everything paid off except the car! So that is wonderful. But he is going to be happy to not have to wake up at 6 every morning for a while at least :).
Well these are some pictures of my latest project. I really don't ever do projects so I guess this isn't my latest project. It is just my one and only project. Jeremy and I didn't have a dresser to take with us the Indiana so we are using this one of my parents. It was my grandparents', then my parents' and now ours. It didn't look this good before I started on it! :) It had these lovely brassy gold handles. So I fixed that, and after three trips to Lowes yesterday the new ones are now all on. Then all I really did was use this amazing stuff called Liquid Gold. That took care of a lot of the minor scratches and then I used my new touch up pen for dark wood and fixed (more or less, covered up) the bigger dents and scratches. Now it is done! I would highly suggest Liquid Gold to anybody wanting to make old furniture look nice again. That is some amazing stuff! Anyways, thats my schpeel.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed! It looks brand new-lovely!

Erika said...

Last day of work tomorrow!!! YEAH!!! Congrats on making it to the end. The dresser looks good. Third trip to Lowes is a charm.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that last day of work! So proud of you. The dresser looks great. Hi to Jeremy.

Anonymous said...

well i'm glad you have become quite the creative one...i am so proud...she i told you there was a creative side in you! :) love you tons...i've got to go shower now and finish decorating...yeah! love you!!!!!!!!
--erin

Anonymous said...

wow, you did a good job on the dresser. i'm proud of you. so on sunday, i'm going to see you all at grandma's house. except for erin, because she's too important at sterling to be there. so today is your last day of work... i wish that i had worked at some point in my life so that i could relate to that feeling, but i haven't, so i'll just pretend that i know it's the best feeling in the world. oh, and pray for us today, since we're coming home from erika and john's. i hope everything makes it ok. anyway, i'll see you two on sunday. love you,
annettejo

aunteem said...

the old dresser's looking better all the time! now what will i do with the stuff we took out?
love you!

Anonymous said...

Impressive!!!
You did a magnificent job on that dresser. it is very interesting what a little work will do to update furniture. Keep it up!!!!

See you Sunday. Love both of you very much. We saw Dathan's pickup this evening. It is really a nice one. You will like it.

I'm proud of you getting things paid off before leaving. That is very smart business.

I guess I have rambled enough.

Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

High Kellie,
Your furniture looks like Pottery Barn!!
Great job!!