Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Enlightening





Isn't it just amazing when we are being faithful to God that He is faithful back to us and continues to put things in our way that bless us?? I know this seems like such an elementary thought, but I was just once again amazed by God last night as Jeremy and I were doing devotions.

I have been struggling with moving to Indiana and not really wanting to go. Only because I know how much I am going to miss all of our friends and family here in Kansas. The last couple days have kind of been depressing because the realization of moving is really sinking in. Then as we opened up our book last night the verse we were on, was Phillipians 4:11. "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am in." That just hit me. Like ok, I am taken care of, I really don't have anything to worry about. Then later in the chapter, verse 19 says " And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." I guess it was just further affirmation that even though I am going to something out of my comfort zone I know I will be taken care of. It just proved again how faithful our Father is. I LOVE IT!!!
Anyways..........I just wanted to share that. I was so excited when we read that because it just fit so well!!!
By the way, sorry for anybody who has wanted to leave comments and hasn't been able to. I didn't realize our settings on here were for only registered users to leave comments. So I changed it and now you can click under anonymous and leave a comment if you want! (These are just some pretty pictures of flowers at Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC on our honeymoon.)

5 comments:

aunteem said...

Isn't God amazing? It is so hard to remember that when we don't know what's ahead of us; God does...in fact He is already there preparing the way for us. You Really blessed me by sharing that. It is hard to let you go but knowing your being fed by our Heavenly Father that way makes it easier. God is faithful all the time, even when we are not. But like you said; when we are living in faithfulness we do experience a different level of His blessing.
Just remember, even though Galveston has a lot of cool stuff. Huntington will just naturally be much "cooler" for you and Jeremy being there!
all my love.

Unknown said...

Good luck guys! We'll be thinking of you as you start this journey together!

Melanie-Pearl said...

yes, yes...bless you! thanks for the reminder and for your inspiring courage, little cousin.

Anonymous said...

Kellie and Jeremy,

Your thoughts have been much like mine. We will miss you, but we have committed you to our Heavenly Faither and He knows what is best for you. This experience will draw you closer to each other and to God. I was so thankful for you wonderful thoughts. God has provided and will continue to do so, just trust Him in all the times, good or bad.

Remember to come to our house next Sunday for a Grandma's dinner (the one that Jeremy ordered!))

Love you both very much

Grandma Butch

BEK said...

God is faithful. What an appropriate post for me and it is almost 3 yrs old! I love the book, Philipians. Thank you for sharing your heart at this time in your transition.

As we near our move to PA, I continue to lean on God's faithfulness and at this time He is continuing to bless us far more than I could ever imagine!