Sunday, August 13, 2006

Goodbyes are dumb

Well, I had my last day at work which was somewhat bittersweet. I am glad to have a break from that place but I am really going to miss all my colleagues I worked with. I will also miss the job and the high-paced atmosphere. I have a feeling the hospital I am soon to be at, isn't quite to high paced :). Here is a picture of me on my last day. They threw me a little party and made me a cake!!Unfortunately this week is a lot of packing and saying goodbye to people. Two things that are absolutely horrible. We have spent the last couple evenings with our best of friends Josh and Tessia Cary. We have been on a watching "Friends" kick. We have decided that Chandler's sense of humor reminds us of Jeremy's (or at least I decided that). That is a dry one, for those of you who don't know Jeremy very well :). And Tessia and I decided that we remind ourselves of Monica and Rachel at some times. Unfortunately I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not ;). Anyways, it has been a great time getting to spend time with them the last couple nights. We are really going to miss them. We got some fun pictures---

And yet, the hardest person to say goodbye to, was today. Jeremy and I drove up to Sterling to see Erin, since she can't come home because of some dumb RA rule. It was good to go up there and see her room totally put together and everything. Jeremy liked meeting her friends he hear's her talk about. He hadn't ever met any of them before.
We went up to Sterling after our "going away" dinner at grandma's....which was wonderful!! So, we left grandma's with dad's truck because we were hauling a couch up there for Erin. Well about the time we hit Hutch, we realize, gosh those clouds are kind of dark. Nothing was covering the couch. And it stormed........hard. Really, really hard. The couch was soaked. So, Erin and Jeremy took the couch into their lounge area in the girls' dorms and it is hopefully drying out right now. I think it will need some Febreeze. After that we went to Lyons and ate at Sonic (that is really one of the better choices there). It was good to spend time with her. We then went back to Sterling and Erin had a movie thing with the RA's, and we needed to get going to we left. Jeremy told Erin bye, and then I did. I told Jeremy I was not going to cry. I lied. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I am really going to miss you Erin!!! I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man...i will miss you more...trust me. good thing some guy named mr. bell invented the phone or else i would just go crazy. i am coming soon don't worry. i am praying for a peace in your heart. just think of all God will teach you in a new place and all of the lives you will get to touch with your beauty! seriously...i pray a joy radiates from you and jeremy in huntington and that radiates God's love. you both will be great don't worry. call me a soon as you get there though! or else...i will get mad dog! i love you beautiful sis...
ok one last thing, sad story but we moved the couch in today and it erased your note to me...i was sad...very sad, but don' t worry tell jeremy the word of the day is still holding strong! i love you!
--erin

aunteem said...

I'm not saying goodbye...just see you later! :) Thanks for sharing your heart. It is good to love people so much that we miss them lots. Each day no matter where you are is one more day to live in the light of your Heavenly Father. Praying for "new" friends in Indiana. Though we all know they will never take the place of the old! The old ones are for keeps! Oh..and if you find out when your sister is coming to Indiana; be sure to let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

oh we are going to miss you guys so much too!!!! i still dont think i have worked myself up to saying the "M" word yet but i have already started a count down to the move back date in 1 year j/k :) we are both praying for you guys and know that its going to be an amazing time and we cant wait to come up to indiana and see what kind of adventures we can find there--cause geez we have sure found plenty here-- and of course watch friends!!! we love you both so much!! see you in a couple of days when we get back from oklahoma.
--josh and tessia

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Kellie,
I am sure you are well on your way to your first home together. That is exciting. You can learn to cook together (I really like it when Grandpa helps me in the kitchen. Whenever you see Aunt Liz, give her a hug for me. Keep those hugs fresh between you, too!!

I am anxious to see some of your pictures when you get there. Have fun setting up your home. I trust Grandpa's truck is working well.

Love to both of you.

Prayerfully
Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

You both are near and dear to our hearts since we have known and prayed for you for over 2 decades! We are continuing to lift you up as you begin your new life together in IN. Thanks for giving us a place to keep in touch with you -- we love it! Please let us know if you have specifie prayer requests you want us to lift up for you. We are always available for the two of you.

You are loved!