Sunday, July 05, 2009

No Holds Barred

This was the title of my daily devo that I read yesterday...I wanted to share, because I LOVED it.
It is out of Reflections for Ragamuffins, by Brennan Manning.

"What the world longs for from the Christian religion is the witness of men and women daring enough to be different, humble enough to make mistakes, wild enough to be burned in the fire of love, real enough to make others see how unreal they are. Jesus, Son of the living God, anoint us with fire this day. Let your Word not shine in our hearts, but let it burn. Let there be no division, compromise, or holding back. Seperate the mystics from the romantics, and goad us to that daredevil leap into the abyss of your love."

I loved the simplicity of the message. Yet, it seems to hit the nail right on the head. A great motivation for how we should be living.

2 comments:

grandmabutch said...

I agree with you. That is a super good devotional one I need to remember. Thanks for writing it.

BEK said...

Makes you think...Hey girl I found your blog and caught up with your life :) WOW- I am so happy for you!

You little boy is soooo precious! I have missed you sooooo much and now I am moving! Thank you for taking care of Ginger and my little niece! :)