Friday, September 19, 2008

missing firsts...

So my very wise cousin Erika, just told me the other day that I am probably going to have to prepare myself for missing some "firsts" in Liam's life. Well she was right. Today Jeremy was playing with him on the floor and I was on the couch on the computer. By the time Jeremy had said "Kellie, Kellie!" he had already rolled over :(. He rolled from his belly to his back all by himself...I was sitting right there and missed it! Of course he has not done it again. Jeremy says its ok and he thinks it was a fluke cause his arm was caught under his side so it was easier for him to roll. So yes, I actually teared up a little cause I didn't see this milestone...but I guess I should just suck it up and realize I might just miss a few more :).

3 comments:

Kristy Jackson said...

AH man that sucks that you missed it! I guess Erika is right. There might be more things you miss. That is awesome though that he did it when someone was watching! Who knows maybe he's been doing it for a while when no one's looking and he just decided now to let Jeremy look. :)

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! When I leave Cayden in the morning I hope that I don't miss something exciting while I am at work. So har he has saved all of his exciting moments for home. Or maybe Mom just lets me think that!!! There are pleant of firsts that you will get to see. It is not always the fist time that is amazing but when they are able to do things consistently as well!

Erika said...

I am sorry. I did say that but i was hoping that would not happen.