Wednesday, July 30, 2008

could it be any better??

7 hours saturday night
7 1/2 hours sunday night
8 hours monday night
AND...9 hours last night!!!

I hope Liam keeps sleeping like he is...hopefully he has turned that corner and it now sleeping through the night for good. We have been trying this whole babywise system, and I think there is actually something to it. The whole goal is to have your child sleeping through the night by about 6-7 weeks of age if you start it from birth. Well we didn't start it until he was 6 weeks old, but now he is 10 weeks and sleeping through the night. There are many things in that book that I will consider a little extreme, but you can pick and choose which parts you like and apply those, and that has seemed to work for us! The whole basic concept is the feed/wake/sleep cycle. And I think if you try to stick to that then it works pretty well. Hopefully many more rested nights for Jeremy and I...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! it makes such a difference to get sleep!

lili slept from 7:30 P.M. to 6:45 A.M. last night! One of her best nights yet.

Let's hope the babies keep sleeping well :).

Kristy Jackson said...

that's awesome! Liam is sleeping better than me! I hate construction.

Hope you are having a great day!

Unknown said...

My sister used babywise, and swears by it! Glad Liam is following the schedule so nicely! :)

Anonymous said...

whoo-hoo!! let the celebration commence! I'm glad you were able to make your way through the 'extra' stuff packed into the babywise book and find the stuff that actually makes sense. I'm sure you feel as though you're a whole new person!