Tuesday, October 02, 2007

new baby


Now I think it is safe to put it on the blog, that Jeremy and I are pregnant! We are so excited! It was not exactly planned, but evidently not prevented well enough :). So, I know that we are really early, but we cannot help but tell everyone. I am somewhere in between 4-5 weeks, which puts my due date at the beginning of June....which is SO far away!! This is going to be the longest pregnancy ever!! Ever since we found out on Friday, each day has crept by. It has already been the slowest weekend ever...only 35 more weeks to go. Wow. I need to stop counting. So far everything is going really well. I am starting to dread the next couple of weeks, because that is when I hear the morning sickness kicks in. I have not been very sick yet, occasional bouts of nausea, and being a little more tired. So far so good! We are really excited to go to our first appointment which will be in the next couple weeks. Then you can expect pictures of the little bean on the blog :). Because I am pretty sure that is all it looks like right now. I know once I see the heartbeat it will put my mind at ease. Being in my profession I can't help but worry about every little thing. So I guess that is one thing we could use prayer for. I know God has this baby in His hands, and that is what I keep telling myself :).
It has been so much fun watching Jeremy tell his friends over the past few days...he is completely ecstatic. Two nights ago, I had him pick up a couple things at the grocery store around midnight so I would have them for work the next day. When he got home, he said he got really excited when he was at the store, because he thought of all the nights that I am going to crave something and send him to the store in the middle of the night. I thought that was really cute...whether that will really happen or not, who knows, but if it does, I wish that I had recorded what he said, because I am thinking he will not be as enthusiastic about it at that time :).
Well below is video of the reaction my mom and sister had when we told them we were pregnant. We were at my grandparents house, and wanted to tell them then because we knew it would be one of the only times we saw grandma and grandpa for a while. In the video you will hear us talking about Mexico, and that is because we started out by telling them that we will not be able to go to Mexico at the end of May with the rest of the family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, so maybe it wont be as much fun to get you food in the middle of the night later on, but it is fun to think about. luckily there was a lady there that let me borrow her dillions card so we could save some money for the baby. anyway, you just got back in the house.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to read about the baby on your blog so I could comment! Congratulations!
Love you, Aunt JT

Anonymous said...

This is so very exciting! I hope Marchel and Erin know that this video will last forever. And, it looks like babies daddy wants more than one.
Love,
Aunt K

Erika said...

I am so glad you video taped that. It was priceless. I am sooooo excited about this little baby. Congrats!

Erika said...

Oh yeah! Tell you husband to stay away from mine. That 1/3 life crisis idea was awful. I don't want to see any new cars or toys when we come back from Schlitterbahn.

aunteem said...

better watch out tormenting a grandma already!

Unknown said...

Yay!! We are so pumped for you both!

kim said...

oh. My. Gosh. I was going to thank you for saying hi on my blog, but never mind that!!! Congratulations! I guess you've redeemed yourself for that whole 'job and baby' scandal a few posts ago! And just how badly has your mom wanted grandkids?!??! I mean, who makes that leap of logic so quickly... "You're not going to Mexico? Are you pregnant?" Awesome. I love that you have Erin falling over on video. :) Your mom made me laugh and cry at the same time. You really are going to have to get footage of your dad talking about impending grandfatherhood, just to be fair. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey all three of you!!

You know our excitement for the new baby. We love little and big kids.
Don't worry about getting sick. It probably won't happen to you!!!
Love you all very much.
Great Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

Oh my word kellie..this made me laugh so hard! I'm not really sure why, but that was some original reaction footage that cracked me up!!! OK..take care of baby Jessica for me :)