Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Aflame...

I LOVE these verses, and I wanted to share them with everyone. (Thank you mom, for sending me that e-mail with them in it)

Romans 12:11-13 (The Message)

"Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality."

A wonderful wonderful friend gave me the analogy of putting your stick on the pile. Put your stick on the pile, and one day you will grow into this HUGE bonfire! If everyday, we "put our stick on the pile", we will not have to worry about burning out. We will constantly be building our fire, we will be able to stay aflame, and we will be able to stay "cheerfully expectant" ( I LOVE that phrase!) in what the Lord has for us. These verses and that analogy have been a huge encouragement to me, and I just wanted to share them with everyone. We love you! :)

4 comments:

Hillary said...

i don't know who told you about the flame but man they sure are smart :]...they have also been a real encouragement to me, good thing..glad we can be encouraged together...oh yeah and i love you, in case i forgot to tell you that...

aunteem said...

love the analogy...love you even more! i'm so glad those verses have had such deep meaning for you. i love meditating and remeditating on passages. just listening, hearing what God has to say.
much love!

Melanie-Pearl said...

just today at lunch, a friend told me to anticipate the Lord's hand...even if a situation is less than desirable.

powerful words. it's always good to know members of His body are in sync. thanks for sharing cousin!

Anonymous said...

Excellent sermon for all of us.

LOe you,Grandma Butch