Thursday, November 30, 2006

turkey dinner and the parents!

Well Jerry and Rosann left yesterday....and Jodi came to see us last night!! I love all the visitors. Jerry and Rosann were a little delayed getting to Chicago, due to weather, and then their flight to Wichita, was cancelled, but luckily they were able to get a flight back, to arrive around 9:30. Just in time for the bad weather, I hear! Wichita, is getting more snow than we are. We are supposed to get some tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much. It has been raining all day today, and it is supposed to get really cold this afternoon, so hopefully it doesn't get to slick.
Well this post is going to be a lot of pictures again! I want everybody to see, the Thanksgiving dinner, Rosann and I made. It was so much fun!! I had never cooked a turkey before....and surprisingly, I was rather grossed out. Considering, my job...I'm not sure why I was grossed out, but I didn't touch it....until it was cooked :). I am also posting the final Christmas decorations that we put up!! Since people can't come over and see them...I drove Jeremy nuts, taking so many pictures :)


Jeremy and I by the big tree at Jefferson Point,
in Ft. Wayne










Our turkey!! All 21 lbs.








Here I am, basting. Well not really basting,
but removing the basting juice, to make gravy.








Rosann, is making the gravy









Our mashed potatoes. I definitely mashed
them the easy way :)






Rolls (my favorite part)








This was our $1 stuffing, from the store.
It was actually very very good!








Jeremy and I's greenbean
casserole. We make this all
the time!








Jerry sharpening the knife.
Getting ready to carve!









Jeremy carving the turkey!










Me TRYING to help him :)







Here is the whole meal! We had to
leave it all on the counter, there was no
room at the table for it.






The meal!









Family dinner! :)








Some Christmas decorations







More decor!









Jeremy and I on our walk
around the campus.










Dinner at Pizza Junction.








Pizza Junction again...








The apartment, all decked out!









Another view...










Yet, another angle :)








And from the door...








My centerpiece :)








The last one!





Hope you all enjoyed these!! You can probably see, why I drove Jeremy crazy. These are actually quite narrowed down :). Since you can't all be here, you can see pictures! Can't wait to see you all when we get home!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

It so much fun to decorate your house on your first Christmas together. It looks great. Can wait to see you guys at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

can't believe i didn't leave a comment! you're decorations are so pretty....the turkey looks great too!
you'll have to help me make one next year.
sure do love you

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hey that's a great blog for us. I had just talked to you and then I got to see all of you. Your turkey looked super. It made me hungry. Great Job!!! I like that mixer !!!!

I love you guys and do pray for you each day. (more than once a day!
Love Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

WHat a nice looking apartment -all decorated for CHristmas. I haven't even started!!! The Thanksgiving dinner looked great too! You could always cater!! Love you - see you soon!
Aunt Marcia