Monday, September 28, 2009

please pray

Just a quick update, because I want everyone who reads this blog to be praying. My friend Sarah (from work) is going through one of the hardest losses I can ever imagine. Her husband just died a couple hours ago. He was the sheriff's deputy that was shot earlier this afternoon in east Wichita. She has a little girl whose name is Natalie, who is 2 years old. I cannot even BEGIN to fathom what she is going through right now, and I so badly want to do something to help, but I know all that is going to help her right now is for people to be praying for her. I know the only possibly way Sarah can find comfort during this time is through Jesus, so that is what I am praying for. Sarah and her mom Diane are both nurses on our unit. I was supposed to be working tonight, but got put on call because it is slow, which I'm sure is a huge blessing, because I'm not sure how anyone up there is functioning right now. Please keep them in your prayers.

6 comments:

grandmabutch said...

How sad. I have been following all that this afternoon. We will pray. You hang in there!

Erika said...

How sad! We will be thinking of her.

Ginger said...

Oh no... we'll definitely be praying. I can't imagine... let us know if there's anything else we can do. I'll be praying for you, too.

Liz said...

Kelli, so sorry. Praying for Sara and family and you too, Kelli!

American History said...

Your prayer touched us.
We are praying for her.
We found this site helpful www.holylandprayer.com Check it; maybe it gives her a relief.
God bless you.

thehighbargers said...

Breaks my heart! Praying for her & for you to comfort her and be a blessing to her.