Tuesday, March 04, 2008

KCAC CHAMPS!!

Not very often can a team say they clenched their tournament championship and their overall conference championship. Sterling Lady Warriors did it last night, in their match-up again Southwestern. This has only been done four times in Sterling's history. The girls did an amazing job!! They worked so so hard this season, it was great to see them win...they definitely deserved it. I took our video camera and caught some of the highlights...hope you enjoy the videos! (These are the rough videos, not edited. Jeremy is going to edit them and make them nicer, but we have not done that yet. I apologize for some of the shaky shots, I got a little excited! :)

This video is the starting line up for the Lady Warriors...girls to watch for...Erin number 11, and Hillary number 33.


There was less than a minute to play when I took this video. Erin got a steal and then got fouled and went to the line. She missed her two free throws, but got HER OWN rebound (obviously to just up her stats :), and got fouled again. That put her back at the line and she made both of these free throws, and put them four points ahead. The very beginning of this video is Erin scoring her 4th free throw.


This video is the very end of the game, when they won!!


This video is Erin and Ashley Kraft getting recognized for making the all defensive team in the conference. Only 5 girls get picked for this team. Erin was the only player picked unanimously!


This video shows the players picked for First Team All Conference. Hillary was chosen for this team, as well as Ashley Kraft.


This is the girls celebrate by jumping in the pool. And if you watch, I pan over to get the mom's getting in this time also!




This video is the girls receiving their award for the KCAC Title!


This last video is of some of the girls cutting down the net!


Here are a couple articles from the Hutch newspaper, the Wichita Eagle and the Sterling website if anybody is interested. They had some really nice things to say about Erin and Hillary.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/colleges/story/330633.html
http://www.hutchnews.com/Sports/sterling2008-03-03T22-14-35
http://sterling.edu/athletics/release.cfm?ID=808

5 comments:

Erika said...

I am so proud. I wish I could have been there. Congrats to Erin. I can not believe Marchel actually jumped in the pool. I am glad you took video. By the way, weren't you supposed to be working?

the fredin's said...

Yes I was supposed to be working, but they let me leave early!! It was not very busy so they let me go. I was so excited!!

aunteem said...

thanks so much for posting those Kellie!
What fun!

Anonymous said...

congrats erin!! how exciting!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! I am viewing these at work so it is easier and quicker to pull them up. So proud of Erin and her achievements. God has been so good to you and us.From an old teacher and your Grandma....Keep up the good work.

Grandma Butch

By the wqay, I understand the flowers were beautiful!!!