Friday, February 16, 2007

Blizzardy



Well northeast Indiana is officially having the worst winter they have had in 10 years (according to the weather man)!! I figure, of course the one winter, I live here! Oh well! It has been extremely cold, with the highs barely getting above zero, and on Tuesday we had ourselves a little blizzard! It started Tuesday morning when I left work. It was snowing like crazy, and the wind was really blowing. I am glad I went to the grocery store that morning, because I would not have been able to get out any later than that! The security guard at work says he has been there 20 years, and they have never been in a blizzard warning, and Huntington University cancelled school for the first time in 13 years. They get big snows up here like this, but they usually do not have the wind. So I just wanted to show everyone what it looks like up here now. We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground, but they do surprisingly well at getting the roads cleared off! We are supposed to get another few inches tomorrow, so I'm sure we will have about 2 feet! It was kind of fun at first, but now, I am ready for it to be gone! It doesn't snow and then melt like it does in Kansas. It stays.....forever. It never gets warm enough for any of it to melt, so this just might still be on the ground come the end of March! I never thought I would say this, but I am ready for it to not be snowing anymore, and, I am actually looking forward to seeing the sun for a little bit! Grandma and grandpa are up here right now visiting us. It has been great having them here!! I will update in a couple days with pictures of their trip, but they just can't get over how cold it is here! And grandpa can't get over how much snow there is! He said that if Kansas had snow like this that they would be stuck for a few days, because no one would know what to do. The one thing I do want to take advantage of with the snow, is to go to the state park around here, and have Jeremy and I ride a Toboggon. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are having a good time at your home. We are waiting for a good dinner of lasagna, salad, french bread, and spice cake which Kellie made.

Come see them you will enjoy your cold weather and good stay.

Love, Grandma B

aunteem said...

great pics and great times! i'm jealous! can't wait to see the pictures of grandma and grandpa Wii bowling.
love you!

Hillary said...

wow....thats a lot of snow!! :]